Know Before You Go, Shaka Guide's Poipu and Koloa Driving Tour
- You’re about to go on an awesome adventure to a historic corner of Kauai, but there are a few things you should know about the tour before you get started.
- The tour begins and ends in Lawai, just outside of Poipu and travels in a loop.
- You can also start the tour in Lihue.
- Expect to spend about 4-6 hours if you plan to do all the activities on the tour. We recommend beginning before 10 a.m.
- Jodo Mission Buddhist Temple closes at 5 p.m. daily.
- Poipu Beach Park is a great snorkel spot. Pack gear or rent nearby at Nukumoi Surf Co.
What to Expect
To Get An Early Start
We recommend starting the tour before 10:00 a.m. This tour concentrates on a small corner of the island, but takes about 4-6 hours to complete!
To Be Swim
You’ll visit three beautiful beaches on this tour today. We recommend you pack beach gear and plan to spend some time swimming and relaxing in the sun. At Poipu Beach, you can also snorkel! If you don’t have your own gear you can rent nearby.
A majority of the stops on this tour are actually historic sites. From ancient heiaus that were places of worship to a native Hawaiian fishing village, you’ll learn about the island, including some of its first inhabitants, creating a deeper connection to Hawaii.
There are no entrance fees on this tour, but you should still budget for some local eats. Here’s how much you can expect to spend:
$15.00 per person: Lunch
$5.00 per person: Local snack
Here’s our packing list for this tour. It may seem a little long, but remember, what you bring depends on the activities you choose to do for the day.
- Hiking Clothes
- Water Bottle
- Bug Spray
- Bathing Suit
- Sun Glasses and/or Hat
- Car Charger *Very Important*
- Phone Mount
In Hawaiian the word malama means “to take care” and the word aina means “land.” When you’re in Hawaii, we ask that you practice this and pick up your trash; respect the marine life, plants, and animals; and avoid spots that are unsafe. Hawaii’s natural resources are precious, it’s up to all of us to help preserve these resources for generations by respecting the aina when you visit.
We hope that we’ve given you all the information you need to make the most of your day. Your vacation is extremely important to us so if you have any questions feel free to reach out at email@example.com.
For more help planning your day check out our Poipu and Koloa Driving Tour suggested itinerary.