Know Before You Go, Shaka Guide's Heart of Waikiki Walking Tour
- The tour starts at the King Kamehameha Statue and ends at Iolani Palace.
- Self-led audio tours of Iolani Palace cost $20 for adults and $6 for children.
- The tour takes about an hour without stops. Plan to spend about two hours total (more if you’re doing the Iolani Palace tour, which we highlight recommend).
- You’ll be walking so wear comfortable shoes.
- If you’re traveling in a group, everyone will need to purchase the tour individually or use a headphone splitter.
The budget truly depends on the activities you decide to do. That’s the beauty of touring Hawaii with Shaka Guide -- you have the freedom to explore on your terms! Here’s a cost breakdown of the major activities on the tour:
- $4.99 per person: Shaka Guide’s Heart of Waikiki Walking Tour
- $15.00-$25.00 per person: Lunch
- Sneakers/comfortable shoes
- Towel (if you want to swim at Waikiki Beach)
- Bathing suit (if you want to swim at Waikiki Beach)
- Sun glasses and/or Hat
In Hawaiian the word malama means “to take care” and the word aina means “land.” When you’re in Hawaii, we ask that you practice this and pick up your trash; respect the marine life, plants, and animals; and avoid spots that are unsafe. Hawaii’s natural resources are precious, it’s up to all of us to help preserve these resources for generations by respecting the aina when you visit.
We hope that we’ve given you all the information you need to make the most of your day. Your vacation is extremely important to us so if you have any questions feel free to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.